Anyone who knows anything about the modern Republican Party knows who is one its biggest name, but also one of its more revolting ones: Rush Limbaugh, with his radical right statements and views that would endanger America, with his discriminatory values against not only non-whites, but non-Christians in general. Let's take a look at ten of his most racist quotes to expose how much of a moron he really is, courtesy NewsOne:
By Casey Gane-McCalla
1. I mean, let�s face it, we didn�t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I�m not saying we should bring it back; I�m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.
Okay Rush, slavery was not a good thing for the millions of African Americans who were enslaved, raped and beaten. The streets weren�t at all safe for African Americans. Slavery not a bad thing? Someone should put Rush on a plantation for him to see how great it is. Keep on fear and race mongering Rush, you might get to Goebels status.
2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.
Martin Luther King is a national hero, not a black hero. Everybody in the United States celebrates his birthday, children are taught to look up to him as a hero in school. He�s earned the respect and admiration of the world and you believe the man who killed him was a hero? This is beyond racist. This is evil, mean spirited, subhuman. Praising the assassin of one of our great American heroes is beyond the scope of regular racism.
3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?
No but I�ve noticed that all racist bigots think like Rush Limbaugh. Comparing a respected black politician and minister to common criminals is Jim Crow racism. Maybe all black people look alike to him, but I�ve never seen a picture of a wanted criminal that looks like Jesse Jackson. A serial killer that looks like Rush Limbaugh on the other hand.
John Wayne Gacy
4. Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela � who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.
The communist connection is an old way of dealing with black leaders. They used it on Martin Luther King, they�re using it on Barack Obama and Limbaugh used it on Nelson Mandela. By siding with the racist apartheid regime over a world-wide symbol of peace and freedom, Limbaugh has shown he�s a global racist.
5. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.
Limbaugh is once again fear mongering and race baiting by associating professional black athletes with criminals and gang members. He continues the fear mongering association of good, decent, hard working African Americans as criminals.
6. The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.
Now Limbaugh is saying that an organization with a storied tradition of representing the positive black people for change in their communities are criminals and rioters. An organization that has been represented by intelligent professional African Americans, that has played a part in the Civil Rights movement and continues to be an intelligent, concerned voice for the African American community is degraded to common criminals. There you go Rush. Keep racism alive!!!!
7. They�re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?
Decent human beings care Rush. Someone out of that 12% may just become President of the United States. Not caring about black people? Even George Bush wouldn�t admit to that.
8. Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).
Okay Rush that�s classy. The old African bone in the nose stereotype. Wasn�t funny when the racist white school kids called the black kids that and it�s definitely not funny when a grown man with audience of millions of easily influenced dittoheads says it either.
9. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They�re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there�s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn�t deserve.
I wasn�t super offended by this, the whole black quarterback/coach thing has been going on for years in sports, but the quote was so offensive that Retired General Wesley Clarke said:
There can be no excuse for such statements. Mr. Limbaugh has the right to say whatever he wants, but ABC and ESPN have no obligation to sponsor such hateful and ignorant speech. Mr. Limbaugh should be fired immediately.
When a respected, retired general condemns the statement of a sportscaster, you know he�s gone too far.
10. Limbaugh attacks on Obama. Limbaugh has called Obama a �halfrican American� has said that Obama was not black but Arab because Kenya is an Arab region, even though Arabs are less than one percent of Kenya. Since mainstream America has become more accepting of African-Americans, Limbaugh has decided to play against its new racial fears, Arabs and Muslims. Despite the fact Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law school, Limbaugh has called him an �affirmative action candidate.� Limbaugh even has repeatedly played a song on his radio show �Barack the Magic Negro� using an antiquated Jim Crow era term for black a man who many Americans are supporting for president. Way to go Rush.
So Rush Limbaugh has managed to make racist attacks on four of the most admired and respected people of African descent in the past one hundred years, in Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell and Barack Obama. He has called for the assassin of Martin Luther King to be given a medal, and said slavery was a good thing. He has claimed that Joe the Plumber, who isn�t even a plumber is more important in this election than Colin Powell, a decorated military veteran who has served honorably in three administrations. How can the Republican party stand by this man and let their candidates appear on his show? Rush Limbaugh�s comments are so racist, they�re funny, in a Borat, Archie Bunker kind of way. What is not funny is the millions of dittoheads who listen to him, who take in and re-spout all the racist rhetoric that he spits. Limbaugh�s statements are echoed in the racist, angry Palin/McCain supporters who shout, "kill him, terrorist, communist, traitor, socialist and off with his head."